New Members Information
First of all, on behalf of all of our members, the CBBC Board would like to welcome you to our club. We hope you enjoy your membership in CBBC.
Your annual membership includes the following:
- Our monthly newsletter, "In Gear," filled with rides and club news
- Hundreds of weekend and weekday rides
- Access to our member Forum
- Access to our cue sheet library
- Access to our online newsletter archives
- Discounts at most local bike shops
Some of our popular club events and activities include:
- Anniversary Ride
- Patrick Roche Memorial Ride (formerly the No-Name Century)
- Tailgate Rides
- Annual Club Banquet
- Holiday Gift Ride
- Holiday Party
- Various Charity Rides
Your First Club Ride
We’ve all been there . . . perhaps you're newly in to riding, or have ridden your bike by yourself for years, and now you have made the bold step of joining our bike club! Soon, you'll enjoy riding with a great group of other cyclists. But before that, you will need to know some basic information.
Choose a ride category that is best-suited for your riding ability. For your first ride or two, choose a category that is one category below what you think you can accomplish. This will give you an opportunity to see what it is like riding with a group, without the added stress of trying to keep up. "C" and "D" rides are an excellent place to start.
Once you are comfortable riding with a certain category, we encourage you to try a ride in the next faster category. For an even more exciting challenge, we invite you to lead a ride. We will help you plan a route if you would like.
A full listing of ride category explanations can be found each month in your "In Gear" newsletter, along with a calendar of rides and a listing of ride start locations. This information is also on our web site; explore the sub-menus under "Rides." Ride leader contact info is only in the newsletter. There is no need to RSVP for a ride.
Once you have chosen a ride that is convenient for you, here are some things to keep in mind when preparing for your club ride:
- Please arrive at least 10-15 minutes BEFORE the listed ride start time. This will allow you time to prepare your bike, secure your car, introduce yourself to the other riders, and sign the waiver form (required)
- Make sure your bicycle is in good working order
- Wear a helmet
- Be sure to carry a spare tube, patch kit, and tire pump or cartridges with you
- Carry one or two water bottles
- Bring emergency and food money
- Bring your health insurance card and a copy of your I.D. or driver’s license
- Stay with the group. Do not ride ahead of the leader, or you are on your own
- And most of all . . . ENJOY YOUR RIDE!!!