Reopen Club Rides Starting June 6
4 months 2 weeks ago #4108
Thank you received: 5
Central Bucks Bicycling Club
PO Box 1648 • Doylestown, PA 18901
CBBC to Reopen Club Rides Starting June 6
The Governor of Pennsylvania is expected to move Bucks County and surrounding areas in southeastern PA from ‘red’ to ‘yellow’ on Friday, June 5. This will allow outdoor activities of up to 25 people. NJ will move to phase 2 or yellow on June 15. Currently, New Jersey requires visitors must wear masks in and around all gatehouses, restrooms and reopened park buildings.
CBBC interprets this as the ability to begin sanctioned club rides. However, in these unprecedented times, we all need to be ambassadors of our club as well as recreational cycling in general. This means following the rules of the road, directions of Ride Leaders, and requests and mandates from the municipalities and businesses we visit on our rides.
Until Bucks County moves into the "green" phase, CBBC Group Rides will follow these rules:
• Rides will be limited to no more than 10 people on a first come / first served basis at the ride start location or by preregistration, as per Ride Leader prerogative.
• Ride leaders may be requested to designate a secondary (backup) leader for rides where more than 10 riders show up.
o The secondary group should pace their departure time to avoid re-grouping with the first group out during the ride.
o The Secondary Ride Leader, will receive ride leader credit
• Ride leaders are encouraged to remind riders to maintain greater-than-average distance from each other during rides.
o Tight packs and pacelines should be discouraged.
o Riders must avoid bunching at intersections or when slowing for any reason. This is especially important if there is a second group.
• Masks: CBBC does not require a mask while riding. However, riders are expected to comply with rest stop and start location requests relating to masks. Therefore, we strongly encourage every rider to bring a face covering of some sort so you can safely access rest stops.
• Both ride leaders and riders are encouraged to bring hand sanitizer on rides. Sanitize your hands after signing in and before and after entering rest stops and/or lavatories.
• Ride Leaders will be required to double-check with Ride Start locations to ensure they are open to group gatherings of up to 25 people. Some start locations, such as schools, may still be closed to visitors.
• Ride Leaders retain the authority to ask a rider to leave a group ride if he/she feels the rider is acting in an unsafe manner – either with their cycling behavior or their social distancing/infection control behavior.
• The Ride Leader Reward Program will re-start with rides scheduled starting June 6, as long as they follow the program rules.
The CBBC board agrees that every cyclist has the right to make your own decisions, as well as the responsibility to think of others as you do so. If you do not feel well, are in a high-risk category, or have been in contact with anyone with known or suspected symptoms of COVID-19, we respectfully ask that you ride solo or in a small group of known cyclists.
One important note: Until our area moves to the "green" phase, we will not be holding our picnic rides or other group gatherings.
The administrator has disabled public write access.