Local Roads and Bridges Closed
This page is for providing updates regarding road and bridge closures and re-openings likely to affect local cycling, as reported by members to our Forum as well as from other sources. No such listing can be constantly up-to-date but we'll do our best to update weekly. Member input on what’s observed on the road is very valuable – please post to the "Roads Conditions/Issues" Forum category. (Latest update: 7/16/16)
* Fleecydale Road Now Open!
* Bridge on Horseshoe Bend Rd, Kingwood Township closed due to a wall collapse and will be closed for approx. 3- 4 months. Bridge is between Spring Hill Road and Route 12.
- Bridge at Schoolhouse Rd. near Walnut St. closed as of 2-29-16. Currently intact, but blocked off.
- Rickert Rd. (between Forest and Frontier Rds.) -- bridge over Morris Run closed since March, 2011, with no projected date of re-opening. Still possible to cross on a bike as of July 2015
Kingwood Twp., NJ
- Horseshoe Bend Rd. (between Spring Hill Road and Route 12) -- bridge closed due to a wall collapse for approx. 3- 4 months.
- Old Durham Rd. -- bridge over Geddes Run has been removed and is no longer an option to bypass Rte. 413 between Stump and Groveland
- Tollgate Rd. -- bridge over Geddes Run has been removed
- Fleecydale Rd. between River Rd. and Fretz Mill is now open.
- River Rd. between Laurel Rd. and Paxon Rd. to be closed from late December 2015 through June 2016 to replace a retaining wall and repair the roadway. Bear in mind that the detour will put more traffic on Aquetong and Greenhill.
- Headquarters Rd. (between Sheephole and Red Hill Rds.) -- bridge over Tinicum Creek closed since March, 2011, with no projected date of re-opening.
Links to web sites with area road work info: